Prague Insiders Tour
Travel Escapes are delighted to bring you Andre Rieu in concert on 12th May in Prague. Our 11th May departure includes Category 1 tickets to this magical performance at the O2 Arena.What is an insider tour?
It’s more than just a name – our information is dynamic engaging and far beyond the pedestrian.
On our Travel Escapes tour a friendly, knowledgeable guide takes us on a fascinating journey through the sightseeing highlights of this enchanting city, discovering the people, places and events that have shaped Prague the past 1000 years.
The Travel Escapes tour starts in the medieval centre of Prague, exploring the area around the Old Town Square, before strolling onto the Jewish Quarter (Josefov), once the largest Jewish ghetto in Europe. Along the way we learn about the dramatic history, traditions and legends linked to this area of the city.
Next, we cross Charles Bridge, one of Europe’s oldest stone bridges, to reach ancient Mala Strana. Here we take a short tram ride up the hill, where upon a spectacular vista of the whole city opens up before us.
As we walk through the cobbled streets of Hradcany, we arrive at the grandest sight of all, Prague Castle, the largest medieval castle complex in Europe.
Your guide will bring the dramatic history of Prague Castle to life, as we explore St. Vitus Cathedral, where kings were once crowned, before paying a visit to charming Golden Lane, home of alchemists and goldsmiths.
Finally, we descend the Prague Castle steps to return to the historical centre.
- Flight Dublin to Prague
- Airport transfer to your hotel
- 3 nights accommodation in the 4 Star Hotel Best Western Premier Majestic Plaza (May) or the 4 Star Hotel Crystal Palace (November to December) based on 2 sharing
- Buffet breakfast each morning Insiders walking tour of Prague
- Return transfer from your hotel to airport
- Flight Prague to Dublin
- Services of a representative for coach transfers and tour
- Taxes and charges of €130 along with 1 x checked in bag of 15kg per room and 10kg hand luggage per person
Fly Dublin to Prague and transfer to your hotel. Rest of day at leisure.
Morning Insider Tour of Prague. The tour ends in the city centre, leaving the rest of the day at leisure in the city.
Day at leisure.
Collection from hotel and transfer to the airport. Return flight to Dublin.
Best Western Premier Majestic Plaza Hotel 4****
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Majestic Plaza is located in one of the most attractive localities in the historical and commercial centre of Prague, only a few steps from the famous WENCESLAS SQUARE.
The hotel consists of two interconnected historical buildings with rooms furnished in ART DECO or BIEDERMEIER style.
The building in Školská street housing BIEDERMEIER rooms was originally a tenants house, where the famous Czech writer Jaroslav Hašek, author of „Good Soldier Schweik“, was born. This part of the hotel has its origin in 1880. Rooms feature high ceilings and original paintings.
The other building with the main entrance from the Štěpánská street was before reconstruction the first office building in Prague dating to the beginning of 20th century. The total of 132 rooms are decorated in ART DECO style.
In the hotel courtyard, there is a summer terrace available for breakfast, lunch, dinner or coffee breaks by conferences and welcome drinks social events.
The hotel offer:
Free coffee and tea making facilities and Wi-Fi connection in all guest rooms
Refreshment in lobby bar and courtyard garden with free Wi-Fi
All the rooms are equipped with inpidually adjustable air-conditioning, internet connection, LCD TV-SAT, direct dial phone, radio, alarm clock, minibar, coffee & tea making facillities, safe deposit box, writing desk and chair.
Hotel Crystal Palace 4****
EA Hotel Crystal Palace**** is located right in the center of Prague, just a few steps away from Wenceslas Square and Karlovo náměstí, close to major historical, business and social sites of Prague. Situated in an alley, the place is offering nice and quiet accommodation with an outstanding transport accessibility and parking option in the hotel’s own garage.
Modern hotel facilities offer luxurious accommodation and first-class services.
The hotel is offering accommodation in 65 comfortable rooms. All of the design rooms feature LCD SAT-TV, direct-dial phone, mini bar, and safe-deposit box. Free Wi-Fi is available in the entire hotel.
- Modern four-star hotel in a quiet alley in the center of Prague
- Perfect Transport Accessibility
- Elegant air-conditioned rooms
- Well-suited for business and congress clientele as well as for tourist stays
- Conference facilities for up to 60 persons
- Underground parking in the hotel
- Relax Center
- Up-to-date equipment of the entire hotel
- Superior Services
- Pets welcome (fee applies)
- Free Wi-Fi
- EV-Charging station for hotel clients
- Inclusive of taxes and service charges as indicated
- Single room supplement €86 for the duration
- Non-refundable or transferable booking deposit €100 per person
- Full payment due on confirmation
- 2% surcharge if balance is paid by credit card
- Optional Insurance €15 (conditions apply)