The imperial delights of Russia welcome you on this 8 night tour as you travel from Helsinki to Moscow. Discover the western charms of St. Petersburg. Explore atmospheric Moscow and uncover the colourful history of the Czars that makes Russia such an interesting country to visit.
- Flight Dublin to Helsinki
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- 8 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels (hotels subject to confirmation)
- 8 x buffet breakfast
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Church-in-the-Rock in Helsinki, Peter-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg and Moscow Kremlin
- 3-hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum
- Train ticket St. Petersburg-Moscow OW (2nd class)
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans from arrival in Helsinki to departure from St. Petersburg and in Moscow
- Service of English speaking tour escort from arrival in Helsinki to departure from St. Petersburg and local English speaking guide in Moscow on all tours
- Portage at hotels and railway stations
- Service and VAT
- Flight Moscow to Dublin (indirect)
- Taxes & Charges of €180
- One 15kg check-in bag per person & carry-on bag
Arrival in Helsinki, transfer to Hotel Glo Art**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
Helsinki is located at the crossroads of Western and Eastern culture and this is reflected everywhere in the green and lively Finnish capital. The sightseeing tour takes us around the harbours and the Senate Square with the Lutheran Cathedral, up central Mannerheim Street and by the Parliament Building, the Finlandia Hall, and the Sibelius Monument and for a visit at the famous Church-in-the-Rock. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Seurasaari Open-Air Museum, an oasis in the midst of the city with cottages, farmsteads and manors from all around Finland.
Today we continue eastbound to St. Petersburg. Shortly after crossing the border into Russia we arrive in Vyborg, where we take time for a short sightseeing tour and a photo-stop at Vyborg Castle. In the late afternoon we arrive in St. Petersburg and check-in at Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky**** or similar.
St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title “The Venice of the North”. During the morning sightseeing tour we get acquainted with all the splendours of the city: the Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Church of the Bleeding Savior, the Nevsky Convent and much more. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Zarskoye Selo with the impressive Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room, which vanished during World War II and was restored for St. Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations. In the evening enjoy an optional visit to the Nikolaevsky Palace with an exciting Russian folklore show and Russian „champagne” and snacks.
The morning is reserved for an optional visit to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the Great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful parks. In the afternoon, a visit to the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum is included. In the evening enjoy an optional Russian dinner at Restaurant Russian Kitsch.
The early morning is reserved for an optional St. Petersburg channel cruise. Around noon we go to the Moscow Railway Station and board the Sapsan high-speed train bound for Moscow. The train ride takes us through endless Russian landscapes along the River Volga. In the late afternoon we arrive to Moscow and check in at Hotel Park Inn Sadu**** or similar.
Moscow, The Mother of Russia, is a genuine Russian city with the Kremlin and its onion domed cathedrals. The dramatic changes over the last decade have made the city to one of the most dynamic metropolis in the world. The morning sightseeing tour includes the highlights of the vast city: the Red Square with St. Basil’s Cathedral, the Theatre Square with Bolshoi Theatre and Sparrow Hills with Moscow University and we visit the Kremlin grounds and one of the cathedrals. In the afternoon is offered an optional visit to the Moscow Metro including the historical stations on the Ring-Line and a guided stroll along the famous pedestrian Arbat Street. The evening offers an optional Moscow by night tour including an unforgettable river cruise with the White Flotilla.
The day offers an optional full day excursion to the quaint town of Sergiev Posad, where we visit the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius, the most important Russian monastery and the spiritual heart of the Russian Orthodox Church. The whole Lavra has been beautifully restored for the 700-years celebrations of the birth of St. Sergius of Radonezh. The evening offers an optional visit to the Old Russian Circus.
Transfer to the airport for your flight back to Ireland.
Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky**** or similar
Hotel Park Inn Sadu**** or similar
- Inclusive of taxes and service charges as indicated
- Russian Visa is not included and must be obtained for Irish Passport holders
- Non refundable or transferable booking deposit €200 per person
- Full payment due on confirmation
- Optional Insurance available (call for details)
- Single room supplement €650
- Prices are correct at time of going to press, flight supplements may apply depending on availability of negotiated airfares
- FLIGHT TIMINGS are subject to change at any time until air tickets are issued.
- 3-hour excursion to the Seurasaari Open-Air Museum: € 45.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace: € 75.00 pp
- Visit to folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace: € 50.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Zarskoye Selo and visit to Catherine’s Palace: € 70.00 pp
- Russian dinner at Restaurant Pryanosti & Radosti: € 50.00 pp
- 3-hour guided channel cruise: € 50.00 pp
- 3-hour Moscow metro and Arbat tour: € 25.00 pp
- 3-hour Moscow-by-night tour and river cruise: € 50.00 pp
- 8-hour excursion to Sergiev Posad: € 80.00 pp
- Visit to Old Russian Circus: € 70.00 pp