Classic South Africa 2018
It’s an adventure unlike any other – South Africa, vast land of unimaginable beauty and diversity of experiences, is set to take your breath away.
Come on this journey of exploration, where you’ll marvel at breathtaking vistas such as the Blyde River Canyon and God’s Window, spend wild time in the company of lions and elephants in Kruger National Park, and walk – or even crawl – through the legendary Cango Caves with their iconic dripstone formations of stalactites and stalagmites.
This tour offers you the finest taste of the country, where each day presents another contrast, another opportunity, another facet of life here – from the cosmopolitan beauty of Cape Town, to an unforgettable ostrich ride in the ‘Ostrich Capital of the World’; from a hike or stroll in the awe-inspiring Drakensberg Mountains, to St Lucia’s memorable lakes and their inhabitants…both destinations are World Heritage sites.
You’ll buy African curios at a traditional craft market in the Kingdom of Swaziland, tour the cultural melting pot of Durban city, and journey through the Eastern Cape where the British settled in 1820.
You’ll travel by luxury bus, you’ll walk, you’ll ride, you’ll stroll through the ancient trees in the Tsitsikamma National Park…and yes, you’ll relax in the beauty of it all. South Africa’s an extraordinary country, and in 15 glorious days, you’ll be under its skin.
- Flight from Dublin to Johannesburg (overnight)
- Transfers on luxury coaches throughout
- 14 nights accommodation in South Africa, based on 2 sharing
- Meals: 14 breakfasts & 4 dinners
- Visiting areas such as; Johannesburg, Mpumalanga, Swaziland, St Lucia, Durban, Drakensberg mountains, Mossel Bay, Cape Town and More…
- Transfer to the airport Flight from Cape Town to Dublin (overnight)
- Taxes and charges
Optional tours offered locally:
- A full day open vehicle safari in the Kruger National Park
- An afternoon open vehicle safari in the Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park
- Game viewing boat cruise in St. Lucia
- 4×4 Adventure tour up Sani Pass and into Lesotho (passport required)
- Kaapse Stories Dinner Theatre
- Full day tour to the Cape Winelands or scenic day Cape Peninsula Tour
Please note an optional range of extensions in South Africa are available on request. Please ask for specific details.
Upon arrival you will be met and assisted to your shuttle transfer service to the hotel. You have the remainder of the day at leisure until 19h00 when we all meet at the hotel reception for a briefing on the tour and a chance to meet up with your fellow travellers.
This morning we leave for Mpumalanga, dropping several hundred feet into the lush subtropical region of the Lowveld. Travel along the circular Panorama Route via Graskop, visiting the view sites of the Blyde River Canyon, one of the natural wonders of Africa; gasp at the glory of God’s Window, with a boundless view of mountains and fertile plains and finally a visit to Bourke’s Luck Potholes before heading to Hazyview. [Breakfast]
We have a bright and early start to the day in order to experience the wonders of exploring the Kruger National Park in our closed vehicle. Spend a morning with the Big Five in the Kruger National Park. The Kruger National Park is an internationally renowned game reserve of nearly 2 million hectares and supports the largest variety of wildlife species on the African continent. Keep a lookout for the wonderful flora and bird life that abounds. We return to our hotel around lunch time and your afternoon is at leisure. [Packed Breakfast]
This morning after breakfast, we check out and depart on our journey to Swaziland. We proceed south to Malalane and then onto Swaziland where this afternoon you will visit a real Chief’s village and have the fantastic opportunity to gain an authentic knowledge of traditional Swazi culture. [Breakfast]
This morning we journey through Swaziland into Zululand. Our journey continues into the Kingdom of KwaZulu-Natal where ancient traditions and modern cultures of both Zulu and Settler have combined into a vibrant society living in peace and harmony. Arrive this afternoon in the Umfolozi area for your overnight stay. [Breakfast]
Guests have the option to lie in or take an optional morning boat cruise (own account) or simply soak up the atmosphere of this tourist town St Lucia before heading off later in the morning towards Durban. An orientation tour introduces us to this multicultural, vibrant seaside city before arriving at our hotel late afternoon. [Breakfast]
This morning, enjoy a leisurely breakfast or perhaps take an early morning cab ride to the bustling Umhlanga Beach for a stroll along the Promenade mile which buzzes with energy as surfers, joggers and cyclists take to this seaside playground. Then we head into the majestic Southern Drakensberg Mountains. We proceed on a visit to the 300 foot high Howick Falls, continuing through the Southern Midlands Meander Route, arriving at our hotel mid-afternoon. Your afternoon is at leisure to soak up the surroundings, or go fishing, hiking and even horse riding in clean mountain air (own account). [Breakfast & Dinner]
Enjoy a full day at leisure to soak up the surroundings of the magnificent Southern Drakensberg Mountains. There are also many leisure activities to be enjoyed at the Resort. [Breakfast & Dinner]
This morning we continue south to the Eastern Cape entering the fourth of the provinces and the birth place of Nelson Mandela (fondly known as Madiba). En route we see the old traditional way of life in the homeland area known as the Transkei and stop for lunch outside the capital of Umtata. We continue via Nelson Mandela’s birth place and house, arriving late afternoon at our accommodation in Chinsta East, on the beautiful, unspoilt Eastern Cape Coast. [Breakfast & Dinner]
We awake to the sounds of the crashing waves and have the morning at leisure to unwind with beach sand between our toes. The beach stretches on uninterrupted for many kilometres and the thick indigenous beach forest is a haven for an amazing variety of birdlife. We set off heading south to Port Elizabeth. [Breakfast]
- Protea Hotel OR Tambo or similar x 1 night
- Hippo Hollow Country Estate or similar x 2 nights
- Lugogo Sun or similar x 1 night
- Protea Hotel Hluhluwe or similar x 1 night
- Protea Hotel Umhlanga Ridge or similar x 1 night
- Drakensberg Gardens Hotel or similar x 2 nights
- Crawford’s Beach Lodge or similar x 1 night
- Garden Court Kings Beach or similar x 1 night
- Knysna Hollow Country Estate or similar x 1 night
- Garden Court Mossel Bay or similar x 1 night
- Sunsquare Cape Town Gardens or similar x 2 nights
- Inclusive of taxes and service charges as indicated
- Non-refundable or transferable booking deposit of 10% per person
- 2% surcharge if balance is paid by credit card
- Optional Insurance available (call for details)
- Single Supplement Jan-Apr €680, May-Aug €650, Sept-Dec €680
- Prices are correct at time of going to press, flight supplements may apply depending on availability of negotiated airfares
- Vaccines: Tetanus, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, & Malaria recommended, contact your GP