Central America’s Garden of Eden
Spend 11 days immersed in Costa Rica and discover the vibrant, living Eden on the Central American isthmus. Settle in for two nights in an Eco-lodge in Tortuguero National Park. Look for birds in the early morning light of Selva Verde Nature Reserve. Relax in the hot springs of Arenal Volcano, traverse the scenic Tilarán Mountains to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve & much more.
- Return indirect flights from Dublin to San José, Costa Rica
- All transfers included and all transportation in Costa Rica
- 10 nights accommodation in 3 or 4star hotels and lodges
- Meals as per the itinerary – Breakfast daily, 3 lunches and 3 dinners included
- Services of a naturalist guide and local representatives
- Tours each day in Costa Rica, outlined in the itinerary
- Flight Costa Rica to Dublin, via London
- Taxes, charges & 20kg check-in bag per person
Fly from Dublin to Gatwick. One night in a Gatwick airport hotel.
Fly from Gatwick direct to San José. Transfer to the Park Inn Hotel for two nights.
Visit the National Theatre and the Gold and Jade museums. Afternoon at leisure for independent exploration. (B)
Drive to the Atlantic coast via the Braulio Carrillo National Park. By boat to the Evergreen Lodge or Pachira Lodge in Tortuguero for two nights. Visit the Turtle Museum. (B, L, D)
A boat tour exploring the Amazonesque channels surrounding the Tortuguero Lagoon. Afternoon at leisure. Tortuguero cruise. (B, L, D)
Transfer by boat to Caño Blanco or La Pavona and continue by road, to La Quinta de Sarapiqui for a two-night stay. Enjoy a cookery class. Evening talk by your naturalist guide. (B, L)
A morning walk through the intriguing La Selva Nature Reserve with a resident naturalist guide. The reserve is home to nearly half of the 850 species of birds in Costa Rica as well as monkeys, peccaries, agoutis and coatis. Afternoon at leisure. (B)
Drive to Arenal Volcano to bathe in the hot springs at Ecotermales La Fortuna. Overnight at Volcano Lodge or similar. (B, D)
Traverse the scenic Tilarán Mountains to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve (3 hrs). A high elevation cloud forest offers miles of trails and excellent opportunities for bird watching, including the Silverthroated Tanager and Collared Redstart. Afternoon tour of walkways and bridges built high in the cloud forest canopy. Spend two nights at Poco a Poco Hotel. (B)
A guided walk explores the trails of the reserve. Time at leisure prior to a night walk in the grounds of the lower altitude of the Bosque Eterno de Los Niños. (B)
3 and 4 star hotels and lodges in Costa Rica
- World traveller Plus upgrade €750 pp
- Inclusive of taxes and service charges as indicated
- Single room supplement €600
- Non refundable or transferable booking deposit €500 per person
- Full payment due on receipt of confirmation if within 16 weeks
- Optional Insurance available (conditions apply)
- Itinerary subject to change
- Tour subject to minimum numbers
- Taxes, charges or compulsory charges introduced after publication are not included in the above price
- These prices are guidelines only and are subject to change and availability. Pricing will be confirmed at time of booking.