Belarus & Baltic Explorer
This Travel Escapes tour brings you to Belarus and three gems of the Baltic – Vilnius, Riga & Tallinn on a 8 night, 4-star touring holiday. Starting in Minsk you will discover the history, sights & culture of these wonderful cities with experienced guides on what is sure to be a memorable experience.
Price Includes :
- Flight from Dublin to Minsk out of Tallinn
- All transfers
- 10 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 10 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalized welcome package
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, Rundale Palace and Medieval Guild Hall in Tallinn
- Service of English speaking tour escorts on all tours
- Service of 1st class coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Portage at hotels
- Flight from Tallinn to Dublin
*Vilnius airport will be closed from 14th July till 31st August for reconstruction of the runways. During this period guests will be flown to Kaunas Airport and then transferred to your hotel. The transfer time is approx 1hr 20mins
Arrival at the airport, transfer to Hotel Renaissance Minsk**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
Minsk is one of the last undiscovered secrets of Europe, modern and historical at the same time, a green city with a cosmopolitan and bustling atmosphere and surprisingly bright, clean and safe. The morning sightseeing tour takes us to the Independence Square and the Independence Avenue with its amazing collection of Stalinist Classicism, the Old Town, the Island of Tears, the reconstructed Trinity District and the Janka Kupala Park. The afternoon offers optional visit to Museum of the Great Patriotic War with more than 8000 exhibits related to the devastating tragedy of WWII in Belarus.
The day offers and optional excursion to one of the greatest treasures of Belarus, Mir Castle, ca. 100 km southwest of Minsk, a UNESCO World heritage site. The castle is an exceptional example of a central European fortification, reflecting in its design and layout successive cultural influences of Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance that blend harmoniously to create an impressive monument to the history of Belarus. The evening offers an optional dinner at Restaurant Gambarinus.
The morning is free in Minsk to explore more of the city individually. In the afternoon we are driving 180 km to reach Vilnius, check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar.
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening, enjoy an optional folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas.
Heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hills of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia, we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon, check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar.
Before we get acquainted with Riga we have the possibility of discovering medieval Latvia. The optional tour for this morning takes us to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida, and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we return to Riga. The afternoon offers an optional visit to the Ethnographical Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
Riga founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert is the largest of the 3 Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Forest.
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack.
Minsk – Hotel Renaissance Minsk**** or similar
Vilnius – Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar
Riga – Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar
Tallinn – Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar
Booking remarks :
- A Belarus Visa is required and can be obtained at Belarus Embassy in Dublin. Cost currently €10.
- Inclusive of taxes and service charges as indicated
- Non-refundable or transferable booking deposit €200 per person (Full payment due if within 12 weeks)
- 2% surcharge if balance is paid by credit card
- Optional Insurance €30 (conditions apply)
- Single Supplement €570
- Prices are correct at time of going to press, flight supplements may apply depending on availability of negotiated airfares
- FLIGHT TIMINGS are subject to change at any time until air tickets are issued.
Optional Excursions :
- 3-hour visit to Museum of the Great Patriotic War: € 40.00 pp
- 6- hours excursion to Mir Castle: € 75.00 pp
- Optional dinner at Restaurant Gambarinus: € 40.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Trakai and visit to Trakai Castle: € 40.00 pp
- Folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas: € 40.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Gauja National Park: € 50.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to the Open Air Museum: € 40.00 pp
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: € 35.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: € 40.00 pp
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Forest: € 40.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: € 40.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: € 40.00 pp