This Travel Escapes tour brings you to three gems of the Baltic – Vilnius, Riga & Tallinn on a 8 night, 4-star touring holiday. Starting in Vilnius you will discover the history, sights & culture of these wonderful cities with experienced guides on what is sure to be a memorable experience.
- Flight Dublin to Vilnius
- Airport transfer to hotel
- 8 x overnights at centrally located 4-star hotels
- 8 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting on day 2 with champagne, cocktail or juice (no Champagne or cocktails included in Light package)
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, Rundale Palace, Dome Cathedral in Riga and medieval Old Town Hall in Tallinn
- Service of English speaking guide throughout
- Portage at hotels (not included with Light package)
- Return flight from Tallinn to Dublin via Copenhagen
- Taxes and charges of €130
- 1 checked bag 15kgs included per person.
Fly direct Dublin to Vilnius with Ryanair. Arrival in Vilnius and transfer to the Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar. Overnight stay
Day at leisure in Vilnius.
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening enjoy an optional folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas.
Heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hills of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon, check-in at Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar.
Before we get acquainted with Riga we’ll have the possibility of discovering medieval Latvia. The optional tour this morning takes us to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We’ll listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida, and see Maja’s Tombstone, the ruins of the Episcopal Castle, the ruins of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword and the mysterious Gutman Cave before we return to Riga. The afternoon offers an optional visit to the ethnographical open air museum, a spacious exposition of the 18th century country life. The evening offers an optional organ concert at Dome Cathedral.
Riga, founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. In the afternoon there is an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening, enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Forest.
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort and a leisurely stroll along the beach. The rest of the day we go through the North Estonian land of forests to Tallinn, check-in at the Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquility and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, the Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the medieval Old Town Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park with a visit to Kadriorg Palace and its art collections. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack.
Transfer to the airport for your return flight to Dublin. Or you could avail or our amazing extensions
When so close there’s a great opportunity to visit Sweden.
- Sunday morning we transfer you to the port
- Overnight cruise from Tallinn to Stockholm aboard the 4 star Silja Line, with on board facilities such as a shopping promenade, choice of dining and bars, and for those with energy left a disco.
- On arrival transfer to hotel
- 2 nights in a 3 star central hotel. B&B
- Transfer to the airport
- Return direct flight to Dublin with Aer Lingus.
Extra cost €280 pp
Extra cost single €350
Vilnius – Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva or similar 4****
Riga – Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija or similar 4****
Tallinn – Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia or similar 4****
Vilnius – Hotel Radisson Blu Astorija or similar 5*****
Riga – Hotel Radisson Blu Ridzene or similar 5*****
Tallinn – Hotel Savoy Boutique or similar 5*****
Vilnius – Hotel Europa City Vilnius or similar 3***
Riga – Hotel Tia or similar 3***
Tallinn – Hotel Seaport or similar 3***
- Inclusive of taxes and service charges as indicated
- Non-refundable or transferable booking deposit €200 per person (Full payment due if within 12 weeks)
- Full payment due on confirmation
- 2% surcharge if balance is paid by credit card
- Optional Insurance €30 (conditions apply)
- Upgrade to deluxe hotels for €120 pp*
- Light hotel package €1159 pp**
- Single room supplement €420 (deluxe €580 or Light €330)
- Supplement for Half Board at hotels €200 (deluxe €250)
- Prices are correct at time of going to press, flight supplements may apply depending on availability of negotiated airfares
- FLIGHT TIMINGS are subject to change at any time until air tickets are issued.
* Only available: 03 June, 17 June, 01 July, 15 July, 29 July and 12 August 2017
** Only available: 10 June, 24 June, 8 July, 22 July, 05 August and 19 August 2017
- 3 hour excursion to Trakai & Trakai Castle €40
- Folklore Dinner at Restaurant Belmontas €40
- 4 hour excursion to Gauja National Park €50
- 3 hour excursion to the Open Air Museum €30
- Organ Concert at the Dome Cathedral €35
- 4 hour excursion to Jurmala with City Museum €40
- Latvian Dinner at Restaurant La Boheme €40
- 3 hour excursion to Kadriorg Park & KUMU €40
- Medieval Dinner at Restaurant Peppersack €40