This Travel Escapes tour brings you to three gems of the Baltic – Vilnius, Riga & Tallinn on an 8-night, 4-star touring holiday. Starting in Vilnius you will discover the history, sights & culture of these wonderful cities with experienced guides on what is sure to be a memorable experience.
No single supplement on 14th September 2019 departure
- Flight Dublin to Vilnius
- Airport transfer to hotel
- 8 x overnights at centrally located 4-star hotels
- 8 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting on day 2 with champagne, cocktail or juice
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, Rundale Palace and medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
- Service of English speaking guide throughout
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Portage at hotels
- Tallinn – Return flight to Dublin
- Helsinki – Return direct flight to Dublin
- Taxes and charges included
- 1 checked bag 15kgs included per person.
Fly direct Dublin to Vilnius with Ryanair. Arrival in Vilnius and transfer to the Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar. Overnight stay. The following day is yours at leisure. Evening welcome meeting with tour leader (and champagne, cocktail or juice).
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening enjoy an optional folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas.
Heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hills of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon, check-in at Hotel Mercure Riga**** or similar.
Before we get acquainted with Riga we’ll have the possibility of discovering medieval Latvia. The optional tour this morning takes us to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We’ll listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida, and see Maja’s Tombstone, the ruins of the Episcopal Castle, the ruins of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword and the mysterious Gutman Cave before we return to Riga. The afternoon offers an optional visit to the ethnographical open air museum, a spacious exposition of the 18th century country life. The evening offers an optional organ concert at Dome Cathedral.
Riga, founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. In the afternoon there is an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening, enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Forest.
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort and a leisurely stroll along the beach. The rest of the day we go through the North Estonian land of forests to Tallinn, check-in at the Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquility and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, the Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the medieval Old Town Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park with a visit to Kadriorg Palace and its art collections. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack.
Transfer to the airport for your return flight to Dublin. Or you could avail or our amazing extensions
This day offers an optional day excursion to Lahemaa National Park, where we visit Palmse Manor, a memorial to the von Pahlen family, and Sagadi Manor. The tour ends with a visit to the charming 16th century Vihula Manor and the Vodka Museum. After lunch break, we head back to Tallinn to take the ferry to Helsinki and enjoy a refreshing tour through the Finnish archipelago before arriving in Helsinki. Upon arrival we are transferred to our hotel and check-in at Hotel Glo Art**** or similar.
Helsinki is truly located at the crossroads of Western and Eastern culture and this is reflected everywhere in the green and lively Finnish capital. The sightseeing tour takes us around the Harbours and the Senate Square with the Lutheran Cathedral, up central Mannerheim Street and by the Parliament Building, the Finlandia Hall, and the Sibelius Monument and for a visit at the famous Church-in-the-Rock. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Seurasaari Open-Air Museum, an oasis in the midst of the city with cottages, farmsteads and manors from all around Finland.
Vilnius – Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva or similar 4****
Riga – Hotel Mercure Riga or similar 4****
Tallinn – Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia or similar 4****
Vilnius – Hotel Radisson Blu Astorija or similar 5*****
Riga – Hotel Radisson Blu Ridzene or similar 5*****
Tallinn – Hotel Radisson Blu Sky or similar 5*****
Optional Extension - Helsinki
When so close there’s a great opportunity to visit Finland.
- Transfer to the port
- Ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki and enjoy a refreshing tour through the Finnish archipelago.
- On arrival transfer to hotel
- 2 nights in the 4 star Hotel Glo Art**** or similar.
- Transfer to the airport
- Flight to Dublin
Price – Call for details.
- Inclusive of taxes and service charges as indicated
- Non-refundable or transferable booking deposit €200 per person (Full payment due if within 12 weeks)
- Full payment due on confirmation
- Optional Insurance available (call for details)
- Upgrade to deluxe 5* hotels (prices on request)
Single room supplement €420 (deluxe €630)
- No single supplement on 14th September 2019 departure
- Prices are correct at time of going to press, flight supplements may apply depending on availability of negotiated airfares
- FLIGHT TIMINGS are subject to change at any time until air tickets are issued.
- 3-hour excursion to Trakai and visit to Trakai Castle: € 40.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Gauja National Park: € 50.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to the Open Air Museum: € 40.00 pp
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: € 35.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala with City Museum: € 40.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: € 40.00 pp