This Travel Escapes tour brings you to the amazing capitals of the Baltic - Riga, Tallinn, Helsinki, & St. Petersburg on a 9 night, 4 star touring holiday. Starting in Stockholm you will discover the history, sights & culture of these wonderful cities with experienced guides on what is sure to be an unforgettable experience.
Price includes :
- Fly Dublin to Riga with Ryanair
- Fly St Petersburg to Dublin (Indirect)
- Return airport transfers
- 9 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 9 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn, Church-in-the-Rock in Helsinki and Peter-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg
- Service of English speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Ferry ticket Tallinn-Helsinki OW (2nd class)
- Portage at hotels
- Taxes and charges
Arrival in Riga, optional transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting
Founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, Riga is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Forest.
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack.
This day offers an optional day excursion to Lahemaa National Park, where we visit Palmse Manor, a memorial to the von Pahlen family, and Sagadi Manor. The tour ends with a visit to the charming 16th century Vihula Manor and the Vodka Museum. After lunch break, we head back to Tallinn to take the ferry to Helsinki and enjoy a refreshing tour through the Finnish archipelago before arriving in Helsinki. Upon arrival we are transferred to our hotel and check-in at Hotel Glo Art**** or similar
Helsinki is truly located at the crossroads of Western and Eastern culture and this is reflected everywhere in the green and lively Finnish capital. The sightseeing tour takes us around the harbours and the Senate Square with the Lutheran Cathedral, up central Mannerheim Street and by the Parliament Building, the Finlandia Hall, and the Sibelius Monument and for a visit at the famous Church-in-the-Rock. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Seurasaari Open-Air Museum, an oasis in the midst of the city with cottages, farmsteads and manors from all around Finland.
Today we continue eastbound to St. Petersburg. Shortly after crossing the border into Russia, we arrive in Vyborg, where we take time for a short sightseeing tour and a photo-stop at Vyborg Castle. In the late afternoon we arrive in St. Petersburg and check-in at Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky**** or similar.
St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title “The Venice of the North”. During the morning sightseeing tour, we get acquainted with all the splendours of the city: the Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Church of the Bleeding Savior, the Nevsky Convent and much more. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Zarskoye Selo with the impressive Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room, which vanished during World War II and was restored for St. Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations. In the evening enjoy an optional visit to the Nikolaevsky Palace with an exciting Russian folklore show and Russian „champagne” and snacks.
The morning is reserved for an optional visit to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the Great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful parks. In the afternoon, an optional visit to the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum is offered. In the evening enjoy an optional Russian dinner at Restaurant Russian Kitsch
Optional transfer to the airport.
Riga - Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija or similar 4****
Tallinn - Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia or similar 4****
Helsinki - Hotel Glo Art or similar 4****
St. Petersburg - Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky or similar 4****
Booking remarks :
- Inclusive of taxes and service charges as indicated
- Russian Visa is not included and must be obtained for Irish Passport holders
- Non refundable or transferable booking deposit €200 per person
- Full payment due on confirmation
- 2% surcharge if balance is paid by credit card
- Optional Insurance €30 (conditions apply)
- Single room supplement €520 (€620 for May & June Dates)
- Prices are correct at time of going to press, flight supplements may apply depending on availability of negotiated airfares FLIGHT TIMINGS are subject to change at any time until air tickets are issued.
Optional Extensions :
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: €40.00 pp
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant La Boheme: €40.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: €40.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: €40.00 pp
- 6-hour excursion to Lahemaa National Park: €70.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to the Seurasaari Open-Air Museum: €45.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Zarskoye Selo and visit to Catherine’s Palace: €70.00 pp
- Visit to folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace: €50.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace: €75.00 pp
- 3-hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum: €50.00 pp