Music in Historical Berlin, departing 27 June 2019
Berlin is a dynamic and cosmopolitan city and is ranked as one of Europe’s most exciting destinations. Enjoy three-nights in the vibrant cosmopolitan city of Berlin and immerse yourself in the cities rich cultural history. During your stay in Berlin, you will enjoy a magical music performance in the Deutsche Oper and excursion to Potsdam visiting the Cecilienhof Palace, which combined ensure a wonderful short break for music lovers.
• Return scheduled flight from Dublin, taxes • Three nights in the Hotel Indigo with breakfast • Welcome lunch • ‘Highlights of Berlin’ sightseeing tour • Pre-concert dinner in your hotel • Symphony Concert performance in the Deutsche Oper • Excursion to Potsdam visiting Cecilienhof Palace • Free time for independent sightseeing • Private coach and guide assistance as per the programme
Your tour will start with a morning flight to Berlin. Flying with Aer Lingus, flight departs Dublin at 06:45 and arrives into Berlin airport at 10:05. (please note that flight times are subject to change at airline’s discretion) On arrival in Berlin, meet your local guide for private coach transfer to the Hotel Indigo where you are booked for three-nights on a bed & breakfast basis. Hotel Indigo – Ku’damm The Hotel Kudamm is located in the heart of western Berlin. Rooms feature modern interiors and are air-conditioned. The hotel offers free WiFi. The Hotel Indigo is just a 5-minute walk from Berlin’s iconic Memorial Church and the Kurfürstendamm shopping street. The world-famous KaDeWe Department Store is an approximate 10 minute walk away. Enjoy lunch today in the hotel restaurant and afterwards begin the visit with an introductory ‘Highlights of Berlin‘ city tour. See the city sights including Charlottenburg Palace, Checkpoint Charlie, the Brandenburg Gate, Unter den Linden, Potsdamer Platz and the Reichstag building. This evening is at your leisure. Perhaps try dinner in your hotel or sample one of Berlin’s many local restaurants.
Enjoy the morning and afternoon at leisure before attending one of the highlights of your stay in Berlin – a music performance in the Deutsche Oper. In the evening, meet your fellow travellers for a two-course pre-performance dinner in your hotel restaurant and afterwards transfer by private coach to the Deutsche Oper performance. (seats are located in rows 9 and 13).
Symphony Concert Works by Hector Berlioz, Richard Wagner, Antonín Dvorák
Venue: Deutsche Oper
Start time: 20:00h Programme Hector Berlioz [1803 – 1869] Le Carnaval romain. Ouverture caractéristique op. 9 Richard Wagner [1813 – 1883] Wesendonck-Lieder Antonín Dvorák [1841 – 1904] Symphony No 8 G-Major op. 88
Programme subject to change
At the end of the evening, coach transfer back to your hotel.
Excursion to Potsdam with lunch included. In Potsdam, we visit the Cecilienhof Palace, the last palace built by the House of Hohenzollern, the dynasty that ruled the Kingdom of Prussia and the German Empire until the end of World War I. The Palace is best known for the role it played as the location for the Potsdam Conference of 1945, during which the leaders of the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom, and the United States (The ‘Big Three’) negotiated the terms for the end of WWII. Marvel at the impressive rooms where the conference took place and learn about the history of this historic building.
Today, meet your local guide for coach transfer to airport for return flight. Flight departs Berlin at 22:05 and arrives Dublin 23:25 (please note that flight times are subject to change at airline’s discretion)
- Price is inclusive of one piece of hand luggage. Checked in luggage is extra according to airline fees at time of booking. Please advise at the time of booking should you wish to check-in a bag.
- Single supplement €139.
- A non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250.00 per person is required at time of booking (by debit card, cheque or credit card)
- Balance is due 8 weeks prior to departure.
- Minimum numbers required to travel or deposit refunded.
- Prices, flight times & listed itinerary are subject to change
- KP/IFC Booking terms and conditions apply Flight and tour timings are subject to change.