WW2: Secrets of The Third Reich
Eagle's Nest, Dachau & Munich
Join this amazing 4-day tour as we reveal the secrets of the Third Reich & their impact on the German people. Based in Munich the tour explores Hitler’s rise to power and brings to light how the Nazi State changed under his tyrannical Dictatorship. Visit humbling Dachau, the informative WW2 aviation exhibition & Hitler’s famous mountain retreat, Eagle’s Nest, situated high in the German Alps.
- Return Aer Lingus flights from Dublin to Munich including taxes & charges
- Tour Manager, professional historian guide & executive coach transfers
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Munich including breakfast
- Guided sightseeing tour of Munich, capital of the Third Reich movement. On this tour you will see where the Nazi party was formed, Hitler´s Offices where the Munich agreement was signed, key parade grounds and much more
- Guided tour of Dachau Concentration Camp
- Visit Berchtesgaden, Obersalzberg and the infamous Eagles Nest
- Guided tour of the WW2 Aviation section of the impressive Deutsches Museum & free time following the guided tour to explore the remainder of the museum at your own pace
- Free time for sightseeing and shopping at leisure
Fly from Dublin to Munich. Meet your Tour Manager at Munich Airport and transfer by coach to commence your guided tour of Munich, visiting key Third Reich history sites including the mass rally square Konigsplatz, the Nazi powerbase at Brienner Strausse and Fuhrerbau, site of the infamous Munich Agreement. Continue to your hotel for check-in and overnight.
Breakfast at your hotel. Full day tour with a guided tour of Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site and Museum - the only camp open for the whole duration of the Third Reich. A broad range of different aspects of camp life are discussed during its different periods of operation right through to the liberation in April 1945. Visit the SS Shooting range and Lietenburg Hill and the pretty town of Dachau, a stark contrast during WW2 to the neighbouring camp. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Full day tour to Berchtesgaden, an area purchased by the Nazi's in the 1940's for senior members to enjoy. Visit the famous Eagle's Nest, the Documentation Centre and the extensive underground bunkers and tunnels. This area high in the Alps was Hitler’s mountain retreat, home to the Nazi-leadership and Hitler’s second seat of government. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Visit the informative WW2 aviation exhibition in the Deutsches Museum. Free time to enjoy Munich before transferring to Munich Airport for your return flight to Dublin.
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €110pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non refundable / non transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure (2% charge on balance payments made by credit card)
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel - prices may vary
- Optional insurance available from €19pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply