WW2: Band of Brothers
Arnhem & Bastogne
Follow in the footsteps of Easy Company on this extraordinary tour to Arnhem and Bastogne. Explore their participation in the disastrous Operation Market Garden and the Battle of the Bulge. Visit Arnhem Bridge, Hartenstein Airborne Museum & Oosterbeek Airborne Cemetery. Continue on to Bastogne to visit The Historical Centre, 101st Airborne Memorial and the very foxholes where Easy Company dugout during their campaign in Bois Jacques Woods.
- Flights from Dublin to Amsterdam and Brussels to Dublin including airport taxes and charges
- Professional historian guides and executive coach transfers
- 3 nights 4* hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Visit Grave Bridge, WAAL River & Groesbeek National Liberation Centre at Nijmegen
- Visits to the battlefield sites in Arnhem including Ginkel Heath,Wolfheze, Lonsdale Church, St Elizabeth’s Hospital, Arnhem Bridge, the Malmady Massacre Memorial at Baugez & the American Cemetery of Henri-Chapelle
- Visit to the 101st (E Company) Memorial, the foxholes in the adjacent woods, the Bastogne & Madasson Memorials and Bastogne Historical Centre
Fly from Dublin to Amsterdam, meet your Tour Manager on arrival and transfer by executive coach to the Airbourne Museum Hartenstein - the Allies headquarters during Operation Market Garden.
Continue onto Oosterbeek War Cemetery which contains the graves of most of those killed during the September landings and many of those killed in later fighting in the area.
Visit ‘Lonsdale’ Church - site of Major Lonsdale’s famous speech, Grave Bridge & The Waal River. Transfer to Nijmegen for your night’s accommodation.
Breakfast at your hotel and check out. Visit Groesbeek National Liberation Museum before heading to Ginkel Heath - site of the first days of Operation Market Garden.
Follow John Frost's Lion Route to Arnhem Bridge before visiting Wolfheze and continuing on to Bastogne, visiting American Cemetery Henri-Chapelle, St Elizabeth’s Hospital & Lonsdale Bridge en route. Transfer to your hotel in Bastogne.
Breakfast at your hotel. Visit Easy Company Memorial to the 101st Airborne Division - recently erected near the village of Foy where they dug in to defend Bastogne. See the defensive foxholes in Bois Jacques Woods.
Visit the German Cemetery at Recogne, the Malmady Massacre Memorial & the 44 December Museum which recounts the tragic events of the Battle of the Bulge and offers a chance to see one of the most important WW2 collection in Europe. Transfer to your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel and check out. Visit the fascinating Bastogne Historical Centre whose star-shaped building contains two reconstruction scenes - one American and one German - which allow visitors to relive moments of the battle along with the soldiers' daily life.
Also visit the Mardasson Monument built to honour the memory of the 76,890 American soldiers wounded or killed during the Battle of the Bulge. Transfer to Brussels airport for your flight back to Dublin.
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €129pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non refundable / non transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel - prices may vary
- Optional insurance available from €19pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply