Walking in Slovenia
Bled, Bohinj & The Julian Alps
Discover the breathtaking beauty of Slovenia on this fantastic 8-day Walking Holiday. Enjoy walks in Vintgar gorge, Bohinj Lake, Triglav National Park and Kranjska Gora in the magnificent Julian Alps! Also visit the remarkable medieval castle of Bled and visit Ljubljana, Slovenia’s beautiful baroque capital.
- Return flights from Dublin to Venice including taxes & charges
- Professional tour manager, local walking guides & executive coach transfers
- 7 nights hotel accommodation including breakfast & dinner each day
- Full day walking excursion through Vintgar gorge and Bled including a visit to Bled Castle
- Full day walking excursion to Bohinj Lake in Triglav National Park
- Full day walking excursion to the Kranjska Gora area in the Julian Alps
- Guided city tour of Ljubljana
- Free time for shopping & sightseeing at your leisure
Depart Dublin for your flight to Venice. On arrival you will meet your professional tour manager. Transfer to your hotel for check-in. Before dinner you will have a meeting with your professional Alpine guide to discuss the walks over your holiday. Overnight in Bled.
Breakfast at your hotel. Depart the hotel on foot with your guide and walk to Vintgar gorge. The Vintgar gorge carves its way through the vertical rocks of the Hom and Bort hills. The trail and is graced by waterfalls, pools and rapids. You will end this part of the walk on a wooden bridge overlooking the mighty 13 m high Šum waterfall. On the way back to the hotel you will experience the picturesque region of Bled with a visit to the remarkable medieval castle. Length of walk: approximately 5 - 6 hours. Altitude/Distance: 300m /12 km. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Today is free to spend in Bled at your leisure before your evening meal and overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Meet your guide in the morning and travel to the Kranjska Gora area high in the magnificent Julian Alps. This mountain town is located close to the Italian and Austrian border and is surrounded by scenic landscapes and walks. Length of walk: approximately 5 - 6 hours. Altitude/Distance: 300m /12 km. Return to the hotel for evening meal and overnight.
Breakfast at your hotel. Meet your guide in the morning and travel to the picturesque region of Bohinj that lies in a tranquil valley in Triglav National Park. Bohinj Lake lies at the foot of the wild mountains and verdant, evergreen woods slope gently down to the water. The trail around the lake first follows a wide cart track and then a forest trail just a few metres from the shoreline and leads to the peaceful Ukanc meadows. Length of walk: approximately 5 - 6 hours. Altitude/Distance: 300m /12 km. Return to the hotel for evening meal and overnight.
Breakfast at your hotel & check out. Today enjoy a visit to Ljubljana, Slovenia’s beautiful baroque capital. You will have a city tour in the morning followed by some free time for shopping. Return to your hotel for evening meal and overnight.
Breakfast at your hotel. Today is free to spend at your leisure before your evening meal and overnight.
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Transfer to the airport for your return flight to Dublin.
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- On Jun departure single room supplement €249. On October departure single room supplement €219pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel - prices may vary
- Guides will meet the group on day of arrival to discuss walking abilities and choose a variety of suitable walks.
- Approximate duration of walks 5-7 hours / distances 12 - 18km / gradient 300 – 600m.
- Non refundable / non transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure (2% charge on balance payments made by credit card)
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, hotels. taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply