Lake Constance - 1 Lake, 4 Countries
Friedrichshafen, Rhine Falls, Vaduz & St Gallen Abbey
Explore four distinct countries when you travel to beautiful Lake Constance lying below the northern edge of the majestic Alps. Germany, Switzerland, Austria & Liechtenstein all lap the shores of this great lake! In Germany visit Bavarian and medieval towns & fascinating museums. Switzerland boasts the St. Gallen’s baroque cathedral and delicious cheese! Experience the breathtaking scenery of Austria from the Pfänderbahn Cable Car. And explore the little capital city of Liechtenstein, Vaduz, with its stunning turreted castle!
- Return Ryanair flight from Dublin to Memmingen
- Professional tour manager & executive coach transfers
- 7 nights 4* hotel accommodation with breakfast
- Guided tour of Friedrichshafen
- Full day excursion with visits to the Zeppelin Museum, Salem Monastery, the Museum of Stilt Houses & Meersburg
- Full day excursion to include the Pfänderbahn Cable Car, Lindau & the city of Vaduz in Liechtenstein
- Excursion to Switzerland with visits to St. Gallen’s Abbey & Appenzeller Schaukäserei with cheese tasting
- Visit to Rhine Falls, Europe's biggest waterfall
- Free time for shopping and sightseeing at your leisure
Depart Dublin in the late morning on your Ryanair flight Memmingen. On arrival you will met by your guide and will transfer to Friedrichshafen. En route you will stop in the town of Weingarten in the district of Ravensburg. The name of the town translates to “Wine Garden” and it is famous for the Abbey Church of St. Martin and Oswald & its Alemans Museum. Enjoy free time for lunch. Continue to Friedrichshafen where you will have an orientation tour. Friedrichshafen is known as the place where the Zeppelin airships were created and its biggest draw is the flowery lakefront promenade. Then transfer to your hote. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Depart for the famous Zeppelin Museum housing the world's largest aviation collection and chronicles the history of the Zeppelin airships. Continue to Salem Monastery and Basilica, one of the most important cultural heritage sites in the Lake Constance region and certainly one of the most beautiful. Stop at the little village of Heiligenberg for a coffee before visiting the Museum of Stilt Houses in Unteruhldingen. This impressive archaeological open-air museum consists of reconstructions of stilt houses or lake dwellings from the Neolithic Stone Age and Bronze Age. The final stop for today is the medieval Meersburg Market Square. Return to your hotel for overnight.
After breakfast depart for the Bavarian town of Lindau. This historic town is actually an island and is full of medieval and half-timbered buildings. Continue to Bregenz in Austria to take the Pfänderbahn Cable Car to the 1064m peak of the Pfänder, a wooded mountain rearing above Bregenz. Also enjoy a breathtaking panorama of the Bodensee and the snowcapped summits of the not-so-distant Alps. Continue to visit the little capital of the Principality of Liechtenstein, Vaduz. A quaint town lying at the foot of forested mountains, on the banks of the Rhine and crowned by a stunning turreted castle. Return to your hotel for overnight.
Breakfast at your hotel. Free time for shopping and sightseeing at your leisure. One option for today would be to take a leisurely cruise to the beautiful city of Konstanz across the lake (bookable & payable locally). Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Depart for Switzerland to visit St. Gallen’s baroque cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Enjoy free time to explore the Abbey and visit its famous library if you wish. Continue to Appenzeller Schaukäserei for an unforgetable cheese experience. See how the famous swiss Appenzeller cheese is made and enjoy a cheese tasting. Return to your hotel for overnight.
Breakfast at your hotel. Free time for shopping and sightseeing at your leisure. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Take the ferry from Friedrichshafen to Romanshorn and see the majestic Rhine Falls, Europe's biggest waterfall. You will have the option of taking a boat trip around the Rhine Falls basin (bookable & payable locally). In the afternoon visit the city of Singen. Return to your hotel for overnight.
Breakfast at your hotel and check-out. Transfer to the airport for your return flight to Dublin.
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement €279. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel - prices may vary.
- Non refundable / non transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure (2% charge on balance payments made by credit card)
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, hotels. taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply