Glories of Northern India
Taj Mahal, Palaces, Lakes & Recreation
- Return flights from Dublin to Delhi, includes 1 stopover
- 2 nights in 4* Holiday Inn Mayur Vihar in Delhi on breakfast and dinner basis
- 1 night in 5* Courtyard by Marriott in Agra, including breakfast
- 2 nights in 5* Hotel Marriott in Jaipur, including breakfast
- 2 nights in 4* in Sardargarh Heritage, including breakfast
- 2 nights in 4* Tatsaraasa in Udaipur, including breakfast
- 1 night in 4* Lemontree Premiere in Delhi, including breakfast
- 9 dinners plus 1 traditional dinner with an Indian family, including cooking demonstration
- Sightseeing of Delhi, visiting the great Mosque of Jama Masjid, the busy market of Chandni Chowk, Mahatma Ghandi’s Raj Ghat memorial, Bangla Sahib Sikh temple and a war memorial of India Gate
- Visit Agra Fort and the majestic Taj Mahal
- Fatehpur Sikri, the deserted city showcases one of the finest collections of Indian Mughal architecture and more. Amber Fort with Elephant ride, and photo stop at Hawa Mahal – the Palace of Winds
- Visit to Maharaja’s City Palace, Jantar Mantar the largest stone and marble crafted observatory in the World.
- Rickshaw Ride in Old Jaipur Town
- Experience the Aarti ceremony at Birla temple
- Rural Rail journey to the forest
- Ranakpur Jain temple visit en route to Udaipur
- Udaipur city tour, including City Palace, Jagdish Temple, garden tour in the picturesque Sahelion Ki Bari & boat cruise on the beautiful Lake Pichola
The best time to visit India is during the cool & dry season between November and March.
Depart Dublin and fly to Delhi with 1 stopover.
Arrive in Delhi Airport, meet your tour manager and transfer to your hotel. The rest of the afternoon is free to spend at your leisure before your evening meal and overnight at your hotel.
After breakfast at your hotel, your guide will accompany you on a sightseeing tour. Including Jama Masjid, one of the largest mosque and architecture extravaganza of India. Explore Chandni Chowk (Moonlight Square) where shops and stalls display an amazing selection of goods, and offer a colourful insight into everyday Delhi. Drive by the 17th century Red Fort, the magnificent fort symbolizes the sovereignty of India then stop at Raj Ghat, the memorial of Mahatma Gandhi. You will also take in view of the Bangla Sahib Sikh temple and India Gate which is a war memorial, the president’s residence - formerly the Viceroy’s Palace – is an interesting blend of the Victorian and 20th century architecture. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
After breakfast at your hotel, you will be transferred to Agra (approx. 3 hour and 30 mins drive). Afternoon visit to Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the finest Mughal forts in India. Built in the 11th century, this red stone-fortified castle was the site of the India Rebellion in1857. Sunset visit to Taj Mahal which is a living example of the greatest love story ever told. An immense mausoleum of white marble, built between 1631 and 1648 by order of the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife, Mumtaz Mahal. Taj Mahal is the jewel of Muslim art in India and one of the universally admired masterpieces of the world’s heritage. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Today, after breakfast in your hotel, morning drive to Jaipur visiting Fatehpur Sikri en route. Fatehpur Sikri was a blooming capital of the Mughal Empire until 1585. Here you can find the glorious Jama Masjid and other beautiful palaces. When the city was abandoned due to water shortage, the capital was moved back to Agra and Fatehpur Sikri remained a ghost town together with its architectural wonders. On arrival in Jaipur you will have some free time to relax. In the evening we will visit an Indian family where you get the opportunity to interact with family members, followed by a cooking demonstration and dinner. Spend time with the family, discuss the history of Rajasthan royals, the society and life nowadays in Rajasthan. The ladies in the family will share with you some of the best kept secrets of traditional Rajasthan cuisine. Overnight at your hotel.
Early breakfast at your hotel. Today you will be taken to a full day excursion in and around Jaipur. We will have a photo stop by Hawa Mahal – the Palace of Winds or Palace of Breeze. The palace is an extension of the Royal Palace for the royal ladies to be able to observe any processions and activities on the street without being seen by the public. The delicate lattice structure on the windows also designed to allow breeze to blow through the palace. Visit to Amber fort with Elephant ride (15 – 20 minutes). Amber is a classical, romantic Rajasthani Fort Palace, combining elements of Hinduism and Mughal symmetry throughout. The palace was the main residence of the Rajput Maharajas, and few years ago UNESCO inscribed it on the list of World Heritage Site. Also you will visit the majestic Maharaja’s City Palace, the former royal residence. Some part converted into a museum and some part is still used by the Royal family of Jaipur. In the afternoon you will have an opportunity for Rickshaw Ride in the Old Town of Jaipur. Riding on a rickshaw and catching the glimpse of rich Rajputana life is truly an adventurous moment that you will never forget.Evening visit to Birla Temple and experience the Aarti ceremony. It is a traditional prayer ceremony in one of Jaipur’s most beautiful temples. Representing the elements of fire, earth, water and air as well as the senses. An ‘Aarti lamp’ is passed around and generally accompanied by the singing of songs in praise of a particular god. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
After breakfast in your hotel, morning drive to Sardargarh. As it is a long journey the afternoon will be free for sightseeing or just relaxing in your beautiful heritage hotel. You can also take a guided walking tour through the village and explore the narrow streets and market stalls. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
After breakfast at the hotel, drive to Kamblighat railway station for an unforgettable train journey in the country side. Rural Rail is a local train with wooden seats. You will travel through the Aravalli scrub jungle, tunnels and bridges, stopping enroute at Goram Ghat Station. View of forested hills, waterfalls, streams & lake during train safari is like discovering Aravalli. The train journey finishes in Phalod station and from there you will be transferred back to Sardargarh by coach. The afternoon is at leisure to relax or take a stroll by the lake. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
After breakfast in the hotel we will drive to Udaipur, visiting the beautiful Ranakpur Jain Temple enroute which was named after a legendary warrior king. It has a fabulous architecture style and its surroundings so peaceful and picturesque. Not surprisingly, it has been voted amongst the top 77 wonders of the World. On arrival in Udaipur check in and you will have some leisure time before dinner. Overnight at your hotel.
After breakfast you will be accompanied by your guide on a city tour of Udaipur. Visit the majestic City Palace, it is a fusion of Rajasthani, European, Chinese and Mughal architecture, the Jagdish Temple, which is dedicated to the preserver of the universe, Lord Vishnu and the Sahelion Ki Bari garden. We will walk through the bustling old market of Udaipur, there will be an excellent opportunity to take some great photo shoots of a typical Indian bazaar. We are going to end this tour with a boat trip on serene and beautiful Lake Pichola. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
2 nights in 4*Holiday Inn Mayur Viharin Delhi on breakfast and dinner basis
1 night in 5*Courtyard by Marriottin Agra, including breakfast
2 nights in 5*Hotel Marriottin Jaipur, including breakfast
2 nights in 4* inSardargarh Heritage, including breakfast
2 nights in 4*Tatsaraasain Udaipur, including breakfast
1 night in 4*Lemontree Premierein Delhi, including breakfast
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement from €499pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Non refundable / non transferable deposit of €350pp required at time of booking
- Price includes 1 standard piece of checked-in luggage
- Optional insurance available from €42pp (terms & conditions apply)
- Irish Passport holders require a visa for this holiday. A cost applies and details will be sent after booking. Non-Irish passport holders please contact us for further information.
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel
- Flights, hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply