Bucharest, Transylvania & Dracula's Castle
Step back in time to a medieval land of painted monasteries & dramatic castles and discover there is more to Romania than the fairy-tales. Explore a wealth of folkloric heritage, picturesque villages the wonderful scenery of the Carpathian Mountains.
- Return flights from Dublin to Bucharest including taxes & charges
- Professional English speaking guide and executive coach transfers throughout
- 7 nights 4* hotel accommodation with breakfast
- 2 traditional lunches & 2 traditional dinners
- Sightseeing tour of Bucharest
- Visit to Curtea de Arges monastery
- Walking tour of Sibiu
- Visit to the small village of Sibiel
- Excursion to Hunyad Castle & the city of Alba Iulia
- Visit to the medieval town of Sighisoara & the traditional village of Viscri
- City tour of Brasov
- Excursion to Sinaia & Bran Castle, also known as Dracula’s Castle
- Evening at the Bear Hide to admire the Brown Bears
Depart Dublin for Romania. On arrival in Otopeni you will be transferred to vibrant Bucharest to and enjoy a city tour. You will also time to visit to the Palace of Parliament - the second largest administrative building in the World after the Pentagon. In the late afternoon you will enjoy a short walking tour of the old District of Bucharest, known as Little Paris. Enjoy dinner at your hotel or in a local restaurant. Overnight at your hotel in the old city centre.
Breakfast at your hotel & check-out. Depart for beautiful Sibiu, the European Capital of Culture in 2007 and the capital of medieval Transylvania. En route you will visit the striking monastery in Curtea de Arges with its unique twisted towers. The monastery features in Romania’s most famous legend The Legend of Master Manole. It is believed that the Black King stopped here with his soldiers and enchanted by the surroundings. Here you will also get a chance to see the graves of the kings. Check-in to your hotel for overnight.
After breakfast enjoy a walking tour of the Medieval Capital of Culture – Sibiu. Explore the Large Square, the Small Square, the Liar’s Bridge and much more. Continue to The Largest Open air Astra Village Museum to learn about the old life of the locals. At lunch time enjoy a traditional home cooked meal at one of the local’s houses in a small village on the outskirts of Sibiu. Return to your hotel for overnight.
After breakfast depart for the Gothic-Renaissance Hunyady Castle. Perched on rock above the small river Zlaşti in southern Transylvania it is one of Europe’s largest castles. On your return to Sibiu stop at the city of Alba Iulia where you can stroll along the wide, tree-lined streets of the Habsburg citadel and discover the Roman Catholic Cathedral – the oldest and most valuable monument of architecture in Transylvania. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel & check-out. Morning transfer to visit the medieval town of Sighisoara where you will explore the clock tower including the sinister Torture Room and the Weapons Room. Continue to the remote village of Viscri, experience the local workshops & enjoy a memorable traditional dinner. Continue to Brasov for check-in.
Breakfast at your hotel. In the you will have a tour of the medieval town of Brasov. Visit the Black Church and the museum of the first Romanian school. In the afternoon visit the Prejmer Fortified Church a UNESCO world heritage site. In the evening visit a Bear Hide to admire the Brown Bear. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel. Transfer to Sinaia for visit to Peles Palace & the Royal Summer Residence; Continue to the famous Bran Castle, well known as Dracula’s Castle, where you can find out about the history vs. the legend. Return to Brasov for a dinner in a local restaurant with a traditional folk show. Overnight at your hotel.
Breakfast at your hotel & check-out. Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
- Price based on 2 sharing including all airport taxes & charges
- Single room supplement from €224pp. If you are travelling alone and are willing to share a twin room with another group member of the same sex, we will do our best to accommodate this request although it cannot be guaranteed
- Price includes 1 standard piece of hand luggage. Checked-in luggage is available to purchase prior to travel - prices may vary.
- Non refundable / non transferable deposit of €250pp required at time of booking
- Balance due 10 weeks before departure (2% charge on balance payments made by credit card)
- Optional insurance available from €29pp (terms & conditions apply)
- City taxes may apply, payable locally at your hotel.
- Photo tax at/inside tourist sites may apply, payable locally.
- Flights, hotel, taxes, prices & itinerary subject to change
- Booking terms & conditions apply