Ultra Luxury Italian & French Whisper
Witness the majesty of the Colosseum, before Sorrento’s gravity-defying beauty inspires, and Sardinia’s fragrant lemon trees and storied ruins beguile you, on this voyage for all of the senses. Gasp at the views of ocean meeting mountain from Monte-Carlo’s shores, before living the dolce vita in the eternal city.
This stunning Ultra Luxury cruise from Civitavecchia, near Rome, travels to beautiful Sorrento on the Amalfi coast before reaching gorgeous Olbia on the island of Sardinia. Next stop is Marseille in the heart of Provence before you cruise to Monte Carlo, the crown of the French Riviera! From here you travel to Livorno in Italy, a fascinating city in its own right but also a stopping off point for trips to Pisa and Florence. A visit to the French island of Corsica is next and the gorgeous harbour of Porto-Vecchio before you return to Civitavecchia.
- Flight from Dublin to Rome
- All transfers from airport to port
- 7 nights on board 6-star Silver Whisper based on two sharing
- Open-seating dining options – dine when and with whomever you please
- Diversity of dining venues – casual, romantic, regional delicacies, and gourmet cuisine inspired by Relais & Châteaux
- Beverages in-suite and throughout the ship – select wines, premium spirits, speciality coffees and soft drinks, plus your own tailored mini-bar In-suite dining and 24-hour room service – always complimentary, always available
- Sophisticated entertainment from live music to production shows
- Complimentary transportation into town in most ports
- Butler service in every suite – all guests
- All onboard entertainment
- Flight from Rome to Dublin
- One check-in bag of 20kg per person
- Taxes and gratuities
After your flight to Rome, you will be transferred to the port at Civitavecchia to board the 6* Silversea Silver Whisper.
Sorrento may have become a jumping-off point for visitors to Pompeii, Capri, and Amalfi, but you can find countless reasons to love it for itself. The Sorrentine people are fair-minded and hardworking, bubbling with life and warmth. The tuff cliff on which the town rests is spread over the bay, absorbing sunlight, while orange and lemon trees waft their perfume in spring. Winding along a cliff above a small beach and two harbors, the town is split in two by a narrow ravine formed by a former mountain stream.
Amid the resorts of Sardinia’s northeastern coast, Olbia, a town of about 60,000, is a lively little seaport and port of call for mainland ferries at the head of a long, wide bay. San Simplicio, Olbia’s little Catholic basilica, a short walk behind the main Corso Umberto and past the train station, is worth searching out if you have any spare time in Olbia. The simple granite structure dates from the 11th century, part of the great Pisan church-building program, using pillars and columns recycled from Roman buildings.
Since being designated a European Capital of Culture for 2013, with an estimated €660 million of funding in the bargain, Marseille has been in the throes of an extraordinary transformation, with no fewer than five major new arts centers, a beautifully refurbished port, revitalized neighborhoods, and a slew of new shops and restaurants. Once the underdog, this time-burnished city is now welcoming an influx of weekend tourists who have colonized entire neighborhoods and transformed them into elegant pieds-à-terre (or should we say, mer).
On one of the best stretches of the Mediterranean, this classic luxury destination is one of the most sought-after addresses in the world. With all the high-rise towers you have to look hard to find the Belle Époque grace of yesteryear. But if you head to the town’s great 1864 landmark Hôtel de Paris—still a veritable crossroads of the buffed and befurred Euro-gentry—or enjoy a grand bouffe at its famous Louis XV restaurant, or attend the opera, or visit the ballrooms of the casino, you may still be able to conjure up Monaco’s elegant past.
Livorno is a gritty city with a long and interesting history. In the early Middle Ages it alternately belonged to Pisa and Genoa. In 1421 Florence, seeking access to the sea, bought it. Cosimo I (1519–74) started construction of the harbor in 1571, putting Livorno on the map. After Ferdinando I de’ Medici (1549–1609) proclaimed Livorno a free city, it became a haven for people suffering from religious persecution; Roman Catholics from England and Jews and Moors from Spain and Portugal, among others, settled here.
Set on a hillock overlooking a beautiful deep blue bay, Porto Vecchio, 15 miles (25km) north of Bonifacio, was rated by Scottish author James Boswell as one of “the most distinguished harbours in Europe”. It was founded in 1539 as a second Genoese stronghold on the east coast, Bastia being well established in the north. The site was perfect; close to the unexploited and fertile plain, it benefited from secure high land and a sheltered harbour, although the mosquito population spread malaria and wiped out the first Ligurian settlers within months.
Following breakfast on your final day, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight home to Ireland.
The amenities of a grand resort. The charms of a stylish boutique hotel. Silversea’s Millennium Class ships Silver Whisper and sister ship Silver Shadow invite you to enjoy Silversea’s world-class accommodations, shipboard conviviality and warm, individualized service, paired with the enhanced spaces and amenities of a larger ship. Revel in the pampering treatments of an expanded wellness spa, shop the hottest trends from top designers at our shipboard boutiques, and enjoy dynamic full-scale productions in a multi-tiered show lounge. Silver Whisper luxury cruise ship has it all. Design your own schedule … or no schedule at all … Silver Whisper.
LENGTH: 610 Feet / 186 Meters
- Inclusive of taxes and service charges as indicated
- Non-refundable or transferable booking deposit of 25%
- Optional Insurance from €31 (conditions apply)
- Beverages in-suite and throughout the ship – select wines, premium spirits, speciality coffees and soft drinks, plus your own tailored mini-bar
- Gratuities always included in your fare with Silversea
- These prices are guidelines only and are subject to change and availability. Pricing will be confirmed at time of booking.
- Silversea Terms and Conditions apply