The Loire Valley, A Royal Legacy
Embark on a cruise on the Royal Loire River whose beauty is legendary. Visit Nantes and The Machines of the Isle of Nantes, a gallery that recreates the imaginary world of the famous writer Jules Verne. Discover Saint-Nazaire and admire its shipyard and the Escal’Atlantic which immerses you in the world of steamships from the beginnings of their gigantic construction to life on board. Soak up the magical castles of the Loire such as Brissac, the highest castle in France whose monumental facades rise up from its large landscaped park.
Enjoy this fabulous 7-night river cruise onboard the premium class MS Loire Valley.
- Return flights from Dublin to Nantes
- Return transfer from airport to port
- 5 nights accommodation on board the premium class MS Loire Princess
- Full Board basis – all meals and all drinks including alcoholic
- Free Wi-Fi in lounge and bar
- Refined French cuisine
- Gala dinner and evening
- Welcome cocktail
- One check-in bag of 20kg per person
Following your flight from Dublin, you will be transferred to the quay to board the river cruiser. After comfortably settling into your cabins, we’ll introduce our crew at a welcome cocktail before dinner. Join us on an optional excursion for both packages: we’ll board a local boat for a cruise on the Erdre River, one of the most beautiful in France.
This morning, join us for the optional excursions proposed : CLASSIC : Guided tour of Nantes and the Castle of the Dukes of Brittany. DISCOVERY: Nantes, the Machines de l’Île, secret courtyards and covered passageways. In the afternoon, take part in our optional excursion for both packages : Tour of Saint Nazaire, a town on the sea. We’ll visit Escal’Atlantic, a museum that explores the historic ocean liner experience, and the Saint-Nazaire shipyard, one of the largest shipyards in Europe (this excursion must be booked in advance through your travel agency. Each passenger will be asked to produce a valid passport in order to gain access to the shipyard). We’ll return on board in Saint-Nazaire. Enjoy an evening of dancing.
We’ll spend this morning cruising towards Ancenis. In the afternoon, join us for the optional excursions proposed: CLASSIC : The Muscadet Wine Route and Clisson, a charming medieval town. DISCOVERY: Helicopter ride(2), the Loire from above (this excursion must be booked in advance through your travel agency).
We’ll cruise towards Bouchemaine. Join us for the optional excursions proposed : CLASSIC : Guided tour of Angers, its historic districts and the famous Apocalypse tapestry(4). DISCOVERY: Tour of Brissac castle and its cellars complete with a wine-tasting session*. Enjoy an evening of entertainment.
Join us on a full-day included excursion for both packages to discover the Castles of the Loire Valley. We’ll return on board in Ancenis. Tonight’s our gala dinner and evening. Our ship will start sailing towards Nantes.
Following your final breakfast onboard, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight back to Dublin.
The cruise schedule may vary according to tides and arrival times at ports of call may be subject to change. For the safety of our passengers, the captain and crew of the boat may decide to modify the navigational itinerary.
(1) Guided visits do not guarantee that you will see the riders and horses at work during the visit, particularly if the Cadre Noir de Saumur is away, or during competitions.
(2) Depending on docking availability, the stopover in Bouchemaine may be replaced by Chalonnes-sur-Loire. In this event, the order of the visits could be altered.
(3) Subject to availability and favorable weather conditions.
(4) Site closed on January 1st, May 1st, November 1st and 11th, and December 25th.
MS Loire Princess
Year of construction : 2015
Numbers of passengers : 96 Passengers
Total capacity : 48
Width : 11 meters
Length : 80 meters
LOUNGE BAR WITH DANCEFLOOR
The lounge tastefully decorated has panoramic views and is spanning the bow of the ship. Cocktails and games, dancing, and other forms of entertainment all happen here.
Located on the main deck, the restaurant is where all meals are served during your cruise. It seats all guests at tables which vary in size with a panoramic view. The atmosphere is casual but elegant.
Do not miss it to unwind ! It is equipped with recliners and deck chairs, so that you can enjoy the best views of your cruise.
Start your day joining us for a morning fitness class on the sun deck.
- Inclusive of taxes and service charges as indicated
- Non-refundable or transferable booking deposit €250 per person
- Upgrade to Upper Deck €290 per person
- Single Supplement €629
- Optional Insurance €21 (conditions apply)
- These prices are guidelines only and are subject to change and availability. Pricing will be confirmed at time of booking.