Glacier Express & Rhine Falls
The Glacier Express is truly a must-see. It's a train like no other. Its comfortable carriages, with their large bay windows, allow you to contemplate the magnificently rich and varied panoramas of the Swiss Alps. A unique journey into the heart of an incredible and preserved nature reserve, a few magical hours of pure visual pleasure!
This 4-night river cruise takes you through the beautiful countryside and towns of France, Switzerland, and Germany and includes a trip on the incredible Glacier Express train through the alps as well as excursions to the Automobile Museum in Mulhouse, the largest car museum in the world, and the picturesque garden island of Mainau on Lake Constance.
- Return flights from Dublin to Basel and transfer to Strasbourg
- 4 nights accommodation aboard the 4* MS Monet or MS Boheme based on 2 sharing
- Superb French Cuisine ~ All Meals onboard are included on a full board basis from dinner on the 1st day to breakfast on the last day
- Unlimited complimentary onboard beverages, including beer, fine wine, spirits, mineral bottled water, soft drinks specialty coffees and tea
- Gala dinner
- Journey on board the Glacier Express train from Andermatt to Tiefencastel and lunch (drinks not included)
- Guided tour of the Automobile Museum in Mulhouse
- Entrance fee to, and lunch on, Mainau Island
- One check-in bag of 15kgs per cabin
Following your flight from Dublin you will be transferred to the quay to meet the ship. After comfortably settling into your cabins, we'll introduce our crew at a welcome cocktail before dinner. Tonight, join us for a river boat excursion to discover the charming European capital by night. After our tour, we'll return on board and cruise towards Breisach through the night.
We'll reach Breisach in the morning. Join us for an excursion to the Automobile Museum in Mulhouse, the largest car museum in the world. We'll spend this afternoon cruising to Basel. Tonight's our gala dinner and evening. We'll reach Basel during the evening.
Today's excursion is on board the "Glacier Express”. We'll board the most famous train in the world for a panoramic journey through the Alps, from Andermatt to Tiefencastel. You'll discover the breathtaking beauty of Swiss landscapes through this unique and unforgettable moment. We'll return to Basel where our ship is moored.
Join us for an excursion to the Rhine Falls and Lake Constance. The Rhine Falls are among the most spectacular sites to visit in Switzerland. We'll then continue on to Lake Constance, and arrive in time to eat lunch on Mainau Island. There's so much to admire and discover in Mainau, one of the most famous tourist spots in Germany: park and gardens, nature and botany using all your senses. Afterwards, we'll return to Basel and cruise towards Strasbourg through the night.
Enjoy buffet breakfast on board as we cruise to Strasbourg, reaching it at the end of the morning. Enjoy one last lunch on board before disembarking at 2:00 pm to be transferred to the airport for your flight back to Dublin.
MS La Boheme
Total capacity : 80
Width : 10 meters
Year of construction : 1995
Year of renovation : 2011
Numbers of passengers : 158 Passengers
Length : 110 meters
Located on the upper deck, the restaurant is where all meals are served during your cruise. It seats all guests at tables which vary in size with a panoramic view. The atmosphere is casual but elegant.
Lounge Bar with Dancefloor:
The lounge tastefully decorated has panoramic views and is spanning the bow of the ship. Cocktails and games, dancing, and other forms of entertainment all happen here.
Do not miss it to unwind! It is equipped with recliners and deck chairs so that you can enjoy the best views of your cruise.
- Optional insurance €29 (conditions apply)
- Single Supplement €450
- A non-refundable, non-transferable booking deposit of €200 per person is required at time of booking
- Holidays & offers are subject to availability at time of booking
- These prices are guidelines only and are subject to change and availability. Pricing will be confirmed at time of booking.